The last of the Turkey is gone and snow is now blanketing the mountains of Northern Nevada. Jack Frost beckons you inside, yet you and your kids got energy to burn from your recent feasts. So, what do you do?
Why take the train of course!
The Virginia & Truckee is excited to bring back our highly popular Candy Cane Express service for Christmas 2022! Following rails that have carried loved ones home for the holidays for 150 years, your train will take you from the cheerful and picturesque holiday-time Virginia City through the winter wonderland of the Comstock to Gold Hill.
Features of your train ride to Frosty’s Kingdom:
- Heated Passenger Cars
- Reading of stories and singing of Christmas Carols along the way
- Festively decorated exteriors and interiors from locomotive to caboose
- Sipping on a complimentary cup of Virginia City’s famous hot chocolate or apple cider
- Free cookie!
- Spectacular views of a snowy Nevada straight from a postcard
- Getting that unique gift from our historic depot or one of the Comstock’s many shops
- Free parking across the street
If one is lucky enough, they may see one of our famous Mustangs roaming the hills dressed in a fluffy coat to keep them warm.
Make a lasting Holiday tradition! Reserve your ticket today!
Reservations are required and seating is assigned. Be sure to book early as trains will sell out quickly. If you or anyone in your party is feeling ill or has come into contact with someone who has tested positive of COVID-19, please stay home and we will be happy to help you rebook your trip, issue a gift card, or refund your tickets. Reserve your tickets online.
Virginia & Truckee Railroad Depot – 165 F Street, Virginia City, Nevada.